Build the iconography for the new digital culture
This double titling (Degree + Expert) has been designed to satisfy the needs and requirements of today´s global enterprise. A unique training programme in web design and advanced photo-editing tools, video postproduction, marketing campaign monitoring, content management for web and social media, trendsetting, etc.
Become an integral Image-Maker for a booming industry, mastering digital workflows and with the necessary skills and artistry to head the Image Department of agencies, media, companies or institutions.
* This Degree is under an official validation process. In case of approval it will be designated as DEGREE IN PHOTOGRAPHY for the upcoming course 2020/21.
Take a look at the Degree
WHEN YOU FINISH YOUR DEGREE AT TAI
- Not only will you master the technique and artistic discourse of photography, you will have become an integral creator of trends and iconography.
- You will have studied all genre-form for the still and moving image: fashion, publicity, urban, still life, artistic, documentary, etc.
- You will master workflows for web environments, social media and marketing strategies.
- You will be able to manage and commission photographic archives, exhibitions, art shows, festivals and other artistic events.
- You will have exhibited a personal photographic project.
- You will have become an integral Image-Maker, ready to head the Image Department of agencies, media, companies or institutions.
COURSE: Official Degree in Photography + Expert in Digital Arts / CAMPUS: TAI Arts University (Escuela Universitaria de Artes TAI) / AREA OF KNOWLEDGE: Engineering & Architecture / TERM: 240 ECTS (4 academic years) / MODE: Under attendance / LANGUAGE: English / START: September
Our Official Degree certification reaches beyond traditional learning of photography and supplies each student with applied technological competence that allows them to work in professional workflows and fully master artistic and industrial iconographies, covering all current genres and approaches to the still and moving image.
Our Expert certification reviews image culture from the requirements of digital communication and includes training in web environments, social media and marketing strategies, among others.
To access the official undergraduate studies it is required to possess a certificate of secondary school graduate or an equivalent as well as having passed a test referred to in the article 42 of the Organic Law 6/2001, on Universities, modified by the Law 4/2007, of 12 April, without prejudice of the other access mechanisms provided by current regulations (RD 1640/1999, of 22 October, (BOE of 27 October 1999), modified and completed by the RD 990/2000, of 2 June (BOE of 3 June 2000) and by RD 1025/2002, of 4 October (BOE of 22 October 2002) and developed by the Order of 25 November 1999 (BOE of 30 November 1999).
For this Degree in Photography + Expert in Digital Arts and in order to assess the profile and skills of each student, an interview is established together with a practical assessment:
• Interview with attitude questions
• Delivery of a sample of work/ portfolio
The interview will assess creative capacity as well as the quality of the work and artistic vocation of the candidates.
Foreign students will be able to be interviewed through a videoconference.
Passing the test doesn´t imply automatic admission in the Degree. Admission of students that got the qualification PASS will be decided according to the same selection criteria as in case of other undergraduate degrees.
Students that decide to study in English should previously achieve a level of fluency in English sufficient for studies, understanding teachers’ explanations, taking notes, searching additional information in sources written in English and carrying out written papers and exams in satisfactory way.
In the groups that study in English it is recommended to prove a B2 level of English, according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, teaching, assessment.
• Level B2: Can understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in his/her field of specialisation. Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party. Can produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
Expert in Digital Arts
Our Expert certification covers aspects of digital arts and modern communication that are not usually considered in tradicional academic degrees but are essential to understand the present and future of Image and hence broaden the student´s future career options.
campaigns for agencies
social media strategies
digital image & video content
of artistic practice
TAI Facilities & Resources
Student Work & Interdisciplinary Projects
From the very first year you will be able to develop personal projects and collaborate with students from other artistic areas and disciplines. Not only will you expand your portfolio but find teammates and networking relationships to address your professional future.
«In TAI I have build up confidence in my skills and now I feel ready to face a professional career»
Student of 4º Year
TAI has agreements with the following universities
Careers for a Booming Industry
We live in the culture of image, a global creative industry that demands professionals that not only master photography but also video, social media, marketing web environments or new media (fashion films, still movies, music videos, etc.).
Our Degree + Expert certification will give you the competence to work in the artistic, fashion, entertainment or advertising industries as well as in mass media or corporate communication departments.