The research department is responsible for questions related to promoting research at the TAI School of the Arts, as well as in the rest of the Grupo ARTS companies.
This department prepares the strategic lines of research and monitors the execution of related projects.
- Development of the strategic lines of research at the TAI School of the Arts, as well as the rest of the ARTS Group companies
- Development and monitoring of the school’s own research plans (annual or multi-year), including information regarding their financing
- Management of research-related programs such as research grants, training for researchers, stays, etc.
- Resource management and increased research potential of TAI School of the Arts, as well as the rest of the Grupo ARTS companies
- Reception and dissemination of information related to research
- Give visibility to the research and cultural work carried out
- Development and monitoring of research projects
- Research contracts and agreements with other universities and centers
- Organization and coordination of research activities and calls for research
- Monitoring and support of the activities carried out by the GIAT research group
- Monitoring and support of research carried out by students (bachelor/master capstone project)
- Management and monitoring of the request for certificates by the URJC Ethics Committee
- Coordination and management of the Grupo ARTS digital library (ProQuest)
- Management and monitoring of patent, trademark, and registration applications
TAI ARTISTIC RESEARCH GROUP (GIAT)
- Analysis of the interdisciplinary convergence between artistic practices and teachings
- University innovation for new forms of artistic teaching (analysis, implementation, new techniques, new technologies, evaluation)
- Artistic and educational practices that foster inclusion and social transformation
2021-2022 RESEARCH PROJECTS
1. ART-BASED RESEARCH IN POSTGRADUATE PROJECTS
This research project will work in active collaboration with the University Institute of Education Sciences of the Autonomous University of Madrid. The objective is to reflect on and propose criteria, procedures, evaluations, and teaching methods that contribute to practical postgraduate research projects in the arts.
2. CREATION AS A CULTURAL MIRROR
This project studies artistic research with a creative objective, expanding TAI’s teaching base to a research level, fostering creativity and synergies between different artistic disciplines.
3. TRANSFERABLE SKILLS
This project investigates how we incorporate transferable skills into the classroom at TAI, as well as how they are developed and reflected in the student’s employability. To do so, their learning will be implemented in a visible way with both curricular actions and non-curricular activities.
This project seeks to analyze the concept of interdisciplinarity and its application both at TAI and in the artistic field. Through a series of seminars, we seek to create a network of research on this subject that allows us to innovate when it comes to the application of interdisciplinary projects.
5. THE ROLE OF THEATER IN EDUCATION
This project seeks to analyze the stage function in teaching and its use as a tool for social change.
6. REDESIGNING THE CLASSROOM FOR THE 21ST CENTURY
This project investigates the concept of space and its use for the pedagogy of art. To do so, the project will study the use of furniture, technology, lighting, and sound as elements that intervene in the learning of the arts.
This project tries to identify the profiles and characteristics that define each of the artistic disciplines. The ultimate goal is to develop an online test that allows future students to choose to identify their artistic profile. Similarly, the test will include information related to employability (direct and indirect jobs) and the skills that will be developed during the degree.