We channel your creative energy
This department is responsible for issues related to research and its encouragement at TAI School of the Arts, as well as in the rest of the companies of the ARTS Group.
Likewise, it prepares the strategic lines of investigation and carries out the follow-up of the execution of the related projects.
More information about the congress
- Development of the strategic lines of research at TAI School of the Arts, as well as the rest of the companies of the ARTS Group.
- Development and follow-up of own research plans (annual or multi-annual) including information related to their financing.
- Management of programs related to research such as: research grants, training of researchers, stays, etc.
- Management of resources and increase of the research potential of TAI, as well as the rest of the companies of the ARTS Group.
- Reception and dissemination of information related to research.
- Give visibility to the research and cultural work carried out.
- Development and monitoring of research projects
- Contracts and research agreements with other universities and centers.
- Management and coordination of research activities and calls.
- Monitoring and support of the activities carried out by the research group.
- Follow-up and support of the research carried out by students (Undergraduate Thesis Project, Master's Dissertation).
- Management and monitoring of the request for certificates by the Ethics Committee of the URJC.
- Coordination and management of the digital library of the Arts Group (ProQuest).
- Management and monitoring of applications for patents, trademarks and registrations.
Upcoming scientific activities
- Analysis of the interdisciplinary convergence between artistic practices and teachings.
- University innovation for new forms of artistic teaching (analysis, implementation, new techniques, new technologies, evaluation).
- Artistic and educational practices that promote inclusion and social transformation.
Artistic Research Group TAI (GIAT)
RESEARCH PROJECTS 2021-2022
1. ART-BASED RESEARCH
The objective of this project is to investigate artistic practice as a research method. For this, the criteria, procedures, evaluations and their pedagogical implementation in postgraduate projects are reviewed. Likewise, it delves into the methodological possibilities of this type of applied research.
2. LABORATORY FOR ARTISTIC EXPERIMENTATION
Creation space where the Art-Based-Research methodology is put into practice (Artistic practice as a research method). As a result of this project, installations, exhibitions, and other artistic works may arise.
3. AUDIOVISUAL LABORATORY
Space for creation where cinema, music and the performing arts come together. In it, we work experimentally on the relationship between these three disciplines. Improvisation, register, simultaneity, are issues on which this project reflects.
This project seeks to analyze the arts as tools for inclusion and social change. Specifically, the issue of migration, so current in the XNUMXst century, is studied. TransmigrArts is a European project of which TAI It is an active participant along with 13 other institutions from 4 different countries.
5. MUSISENS (MUSIC AND SENSES)
This is a project that delves into the perception of music through the senses, in order to increase the accessibility of this artistic genre for people with disabilities. In this project we collaborate with the Spanish Center for Subtitling and Audio Description CESyA.
6. REDESIGN THE CLASSROOM FOR THE XNUMXST CENTURY
This project focuses on the investigation of the classroom space as a tool for teaching innovation. He is mainly interested in exploring experiences and teaching methodologies that consider the space and resources of the classroom as a vehicle for learning based on student participation.
7. WRITING AS VISUAL ART
This research group opens innovative ground in the panorama of arts studies at the university in Spain. Its purpose is to integrate creative writing within a degree in Fine Arts for the first time.
The research group will debate the different forms of implementation of these studies, and fundamentally will propose and study the limits between writing and the disciplines conventionally associated with schools of fine arts, with a view to proposing and exploring the written word as a more visual art. .
8. TRANSFERABLE SKILLS
This project investigates the incorporation of transferable skills in arts education and in the university curriculum. For this, this research focuses on analyzing the results of the implementation of these skills with both curricular actions and non-curricular activities. The final objective is to prepare the student for the professional future and to consciously acquire the skills that are being requested by employers.
The objective of this project is the edition of scientific texts or texts related to artistic practice (score books, photo-books, etc.). Its first issue has been a sheet music book supervised by teachers Israel López Estelche and Marcos Merino. Said volume is made up of scores by students in the 3rd and 4th years of the Degree in Contemporary Music Composition, led by a creative context that contemplates two lines of action: their contribution to the percussion duo repertoire aimed at students of said discipline and their insertion in a professional setting in a controlled manner.
History of scientific activity
Request information about our studies
Find out about the options that studying at the largest Arts Campus in Madrid gives you. We will answer you as soon as possible!